Wednesday, February 6, 2008

LTLYM and "significant outfits"




























As we have been focused on the garment as of late, Learning to Love You More's assignment #55 came to mind. I think putting the biography of a sentimental outfit up on the world wide web for public perusal is a very interesting, vulnerable move. I particularly love the voyeur feeling I get when I read the entries that are addressed to some specific "you". I have thought at length about the outfit(s) I would post... but they are all too emotional for me to want other creeps like me to have a gander at! I picked two good ones, but check the link for more. I realize this all may have less to do with silk screening than with social space...but with social space, it has much to do indeed. As a last (side) note, I really, really like looking at the different floors upon which people displayed their outfits...

http://www.learningtoloveyoumore.com/reports/55/55.php

1 comment:

Rachel said...

To relate this to this class, how would the garments differ for you more if someone told the story of significance on the garment itself, with graphics or text? That would put the story onto display to everyone ... how would that affect the social sphere - or would it?